Authentic Local Experiences and Tours in Abruzzo and beyond
Experience BellaVita is an independent, family-run company with a specialty in offering unique local culinary and traditional cultural experiences in Abruzzo, and other untold destinations in Italy.
Ciao! I’m Marino Cardelli, founder and culinary expert at Experience BellaVita. I was born and raised in a small village in the province of Teramo in Abruzzo. I left home at 19 years old to broaden my horizons and fulfill my dream of living and studying in a foreign country and learning a new language.
I have always been curious and enthusiastic about sharing my passion for the things I love. That includes my love of coffee, craft beer, food, and wine, but above all, I’m excited about sharing the Italian culture and my home region, Abruzzo!
“Where are you from? This was the question you often get asked abroad – and each time I would meet someone new, on one hand I was unhappy because people didn’t know the existence of Abruzzo, but on the other hand, I was delighted as I could inspire and share with people a more authentic travel destination. I loved to do this by sharing pictures, stories and food (my parents’ delivery) from my homeland and it was part of my experience of living abroad, but I always wanted to do more than just that!
Despite my success at work and university, I realized how happy it made me to just share my passion for Abruzzo. I quit my job and in 2018 I moved back to Abruzzo to start my dream, Experience BellaVita.
To share the authentic culture of Italy, enrich the lives of curious travelers with that ‘feel like home’ sensation, and to transform well-traveled routes into magical and unforgettable moments.
What drives us at Experience BellaVita is enthusiasm and passion for food, traditions, art, travel and people. Through these unique experiences, we want to:
- Provide our visitors,who often become our friends, with unforgettable moments.
- Give back to “Madre Natura” what she has given us and always treat our environment with respect.
- Support the local economies and traditions of our small but fascinating Abruzzese villages.
- Reduce the emigration of young passionate folks like us, and bring them back to Abruzzo.
- Help small home-producers in the region.
Around the many tables with nice food and wine, is where I made my strongest friendships. I believe it is the best way to really get to know a person, a culture.
BellaVita Selection Process
For our BellaVita Tours we search for and select our collaborators personally. All of them are small entrepreneurs, artisans, and producers based in Abruzzo who are passionate and keep Italy’s old traditions alive.
On our scouting trips, we always pretend to be tourists, if the person, whether at a B&B, a restaurant, or at a farm can transmit their emotion, passion and enthusiasm for what they do to us, then we decide to introduce ourselves and start a collaboration.
While doing this selection and work, we are dedicated to devoting part of our profit annually to the development of the local economy with events and projects aimed to do so.
Some of the social projects we partnered with:
- Campovalano Viva – Promoting tourism through one of the best sagra (food festivals) of Abruzzo. Helping run the iconic ‘Sagra del Tartufo’ (the Truffle Festival), which attracts and hosts more than 30 thousand visitors from all over the region and beyond each year for an entire week.
- Gusta Torano – Local association on the hills of Teramo where we helped to create and promote multi day tours and events around local food, wine and traditions.
- inTERazioni – Promotion of cultural activities and tourism in the hinterland of Teramo, in Abruzzo.